Thursday, August 19, 2010

Week 8 Thoughts and Experiences

Work


I don't feel like I get as much done as I would like, yet somehow I always keep busy doing work-related things....

Monday:

  • Added a "Direction" selector box to the VPN Setup Tool which then prints out corresponding text to the config. text box. Added a SQL column and modified existing unit test to handle this. (only worked a half-day)

Tuesday:

  • Out of tickets, so I began searching for something to work on. Started off by adding "Manufacture Discontinued" column to the Drug Mapping Reporter, then talked to Drazba and he told me to let him make the changes, seeing as he is re-doing the whole Item Mapping tool.
  • Switched to a ticket entitled "add non-340b reasons to invoice view", but struggled to find examples referred to in the ticket description.
  • Paired with Robert on his ticket, mapping out several layers of function calls on the whiteboard.
  • Blogged about Week 7.

Wednesday:

  • Determined to make up for Tuesday's lack of productivity!
  • Talked with QA about some clarifications on a VPN ticket.
  • Ironed out some specifications with Andrew Neal about the Invoice searching modifications that I previously made within the "Audit/Search Tool."
  • Learned about how caching works for certain parts of the system. I was having inconsistencies caused by switching between pointing my dev environment to the dev database and then to the staging database. Reece helped me setup my own cache so that I don't have to worry about other people corrupting my cache.
  • Added an option called "(No Associated Customer)" to the VPN Setup Tool's "Client" selector box. This was necessary, because it is required that a client be selected in order to submit the form. This was wrong, because we have tunnels (QS/1, Emdeon, Indy Office, Deerfield Office) that are obviously not associated with a client.
  • Berger helped me modify the get_clients() function in the Locations.php object. We joined the query with the table 'organization_v' in order to keep the duplicated sites from being returned. Previously, when multiple sites were under one hospital, the hospital name and all of the site names appeared in the list. Now, just the hospital name will appear on the list.

Thursday:

  • Database and Bugmonster down all day. Talked with Jeremy about some of the recent VPN Setup Tool changes.
  • Began working with Austin to write a script to change all javaScript alerts to be much better looking mootools alerts.

Friday:

  • Finished writing and testing the changes made by the script. Austin taught me a lot about command line tools and intricacies such as 'screen' sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment