Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week 7 Thoughts and Experiences

Work

This past week was one of my more productive weeks thus far this summer. I will do my best to summarize how I spent each day.

Monday:

  • Blogged
  • With Joe's help, I was able to successfully test and verify changes I made last week. These changes included tweaking the "Manage" buttons on the Sentinel home page to only appear if the user has permissions to use them.
  • Sifted through the Sentinel home page, finding all of the links on the UI that still needed to be utilizing the "smart_link" or "smart_url" functions in order to only give access to users with valid permissions.

Tuesday:

  • Began by explaining to QA how my FTP Setup Tool changes were, in fact, behaving correctly. (My bad QA guys for not explaining more clearly.)
  • Successfully finished tracking down the file/code for all of the millions of links, buttons, and clickable graphs on the Sentinel home page and implemented the permissions.
  • Pull Wholesaler Invoices button -- Previously, TA's had to find someone to pull invoices manually if they have invoices >3 months old when they were ready to allocate. I modified the button to also pull in invoices older than 3 months.

Wednesday/Thursday:

  • Modified the _build_query_and_params() function that constructs the query string corresponding to the filters used in the 'Item Mapping' tool. Modifications included 1) restructuring, 2) trimming the leading and trailing whitespace from a search string, and 3) making the search by NDC look for ALL mapped drug equivalents. Previously, the search returned only CDMs that had, as their primary mapped NDC, the NDC that was being entered into the NDC search filter. Now, the search returns any CDM that contains, as any of its mapped drugs, the NDC that was being searched for.
  • Collaborated with Robert "Bobby" Long on the "Matrix Performance Report."

Friday:

  • Took out the "Shared Key" column from the VPN reporter and replaced it with a Client Name column. This required adding to the the query in VpnSetupManager::get_vpn_list() to return client_name from freedom.client. Changed default rows displayed from 100 to 250.

Fun

My younger brother, Luke, who just graduated high school and also will be attending Purdue in the fall, called me on Thursday night around midnight. He explained that his friend was making a trip from Indianapolis to Orlando and that he was offered a free ride. Luke had originally hoped to come visit me this summer, but with the help of the parents had determined that impending college tuition rendered him financially incapable.

However, with this new transportation breakthrough, visiting was again an option. As it turned out, the friend was leaving Indy at noon the next day (that's right, twelve hours later). I hurried and hooked Luke up with a $25 bus ride from Orlando to Pompano, and Luke was in town by Saturday afternoon. Saturday we went to the beach for several hours and played volleyball and frisbee and tossed some baseball and football. We also went out to eat at Whale's Rib, a seafood restaurant just down the road from my apartment. Sunday we went to the church that I have been attending, Boca Raton Community Church, and then I had a YMCA basketball game with some of the Sentry guys. Luke ended up being able to play on our squad as well. Needless to say, our team, virtually a man amongst a league full of boys, dominated again, continuing our undefeated season.

After basketball, we had a tee time at Deer Creek golf course. I upheld my big-bro dominance and handed him an 89-100 loss, 2nd career Eagle and 1st career back-to-back Birdies in tote! Monday I took a half day so that we could make the most of his two-day visit, and we went golfing again, before hanging out with friends. I shot my best career 9-holes, a four-over-par 40. Monday night I drove Luke to the West Palm bus stop, and that was the end of his all-too-short stay in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment